Friday, December 19, 2008

Still in Moscow....

Well, last post we told you that we would be leaving Saturday morning, but ends up that all the flights from Frankfurt to LAX are sold out, so we will not be leaving until Sunday at 705am Moscow time. We should land at LAX at about 1230 on Sunday afternoon. After we land we have to go through normal passport control and then secondary for him and as soon as those people stamp Malachi's passport, he is a US citizen, and then our journey is officially OVER, I cannot wait. This process can take somewhere between 30 mins and 2 hours..
We learned all of this information at the embassy today. We had our "interview" today at the embassy, which was nothing more then paying money and then an oath in front of a embassy worker...not really an interview. It was all pretty scary but for nothing really. We ended up being 1 of 20-30 other families that were there for the same thing. It was really nice to talk to other English speakers without accents, besides maybe a southern drawl. Now we officially have 1 more full day in Russia, its been a long haul but I can see my exit and I have my turn signal on!
We will see most of you very soon!

9 comments:

  1. What a journey you two have taken! Congratulations!!! :) You will soon be able to put all the hardship behind you and the best part??? You get to bring the treasure home! He looks so precious... I hope to meet him next time David and I are in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tank family!
    Hang in there, you're on the HOME streach!!
    Sending love and praying for travel mercies.
    Cyndee

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you continue to blog. We've really enjoyed following you on this journey and getting to know your precious Malachi. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! YAY! YAY! :) I wish we could be at the airport to greet your family as you come HOME! :) Praying for you all as an intense season of waiting closes - and the new joys of parenting begin!!! :) Love you SO much!
    Eric, Tara & Belen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tank Family! Hope you made it home and all is well!I'm so Happy that your journey as a family will now begin! Blessings and a Very Merry Christmas and Happy Happy New Year!

    Macias Family!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been following your journey. Amazing! I can't wait to meet Malachi in February.
    Love,
    AuntIrys

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I know the joy and excitement you feel as my husband and I brought our Chooda (miracle) home from Tomsk over three years ago when he was two. I found your blog my accident and quite enjoyed reading it. We too had a coordinator named Katya..... Happy New Year with your New Son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog today. We are waiting on our referral to Tomsk. I have enjoyed reading about your journey and seeing the pictures. I would love to chat with you sometime. May I ask, what agency did you use?

    ReplyDelete