Sunday, December 14, 2008

We ARE alive, and still in Tomsk

It has come to my attention that a lot of people have been worried about us from the lack of blog posts. Well I would just like to take a second and update you all on our status. Have you ever be on a long drive and got to the point where you just are so sick of driving and you just say "I'm done"? Maybe it has something to do with white line fever or something I don't know. Well, I think we both hit that point on Friday, we are done with Siberia. We still enjoy our visits with Malachi but everything else is so daunting. From the traffic to the constant snow, freezing, craziness, the bed is horrible, the food, the lack of communication (I long to hear English spoken by more then 2 people at once), Russian television (besides the 1 channel thats in English that just repeats world news ever 15 mins) and most of all being 6000+ miles away from all the people in our lives that care about us.
Today (Monday) is a big day, it could be the start to all this craziness being behind us. At some point this morning we will get picked up by our driver and taken to the foreign passport office to hopefully get Malachi's passport. If that happens we will be able to leave this place tomorrow morning! That is the last thing we are waiting for, his passport. As soon as we have that we can leave for Moscow, barring the fact that there is only one flight per day from here to Moscow which is in the morning. There is light at the end of the tunnel!
I end this post hoping to send another one in a few hours with excitment littered throughout :). I wish I could say that Tomsk is a wonderful place to visit, probably could have if the 10 days were waived.
Well -26 today (Celsius which -14.8f) and its all white outside, and I am dreaming of a non white Christmas....anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment