Monday, December 8, 2008

What's that strange feeling...Oh, I'm full!

Well today was the first time since our layover in Frankfut that I have had enough food in my tummy to actually feel full, it was wonderful! It wasn't the greatest food, but it will do. I had a peice of chicken covered in cheese, and Barbara had 2 chicken wings. We both had fries and shared some vegetables, and they gave us enough ketchup to keep you alive for about a week and a half. It was good enough to go back, I think. Well that meal was about 7 or 8 hours ago, and even after a nice dinner of ... noodles, I am hugry again, darnit.

Well today was a good day with Malachi. He wasn't very active today and just wanted to sleep in my arms, how could I deny that? He was pretty fussy and I am not really sure what was going on with him, but I figured I have tons of time to figure him out and I will just enjoy him :). Today was the first, and second time that we picked him up and he didn't cry. That's a successful day :).

Tonight our coordinator said that tomorrow we may go get Malachi's picture taken for his passport photo, talk about exciting! I am very glad that our coordinator is very good at what she does and that she is always thinking ahead and is definitely concious of the fact that we want to leave Siberia. Not that we dont like it hear, its just.... ok yeah we dont like it here, especially since we heard that Friday is suppoed to be -45c degrees! thats a - as in negative... NEGATIVE 45c thats -49 for all you Americans. I was thinking about how cold that is, and I decided that people arent supposed to live in -45 degree weather, I'm going to tell all these siberians, I hope they listen. I am only going by what our driver has told us, but weather.com says it will only be -23, I guess we will see. Ok...have a great Monday! Keep the prayers, and emails and chat and comments comming, we love em.

Southern Fried Chicken.... in Tomsk, weird. We havent tried it yet
People ice fishing...again, weird.
Us standing in the freezing cold for a pic of the Tom River
Lights...




3 comments:

  1. I'm loving all your pics and videos! It looks like you are definitely getting some parent training! He is so adorable and I know he is totally worth all the trials you have to go through. btw, i agree with you about people not living in negative degree weather and I hope the Siberians listen! :) We are praying for you and for the process to go quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the videos! He likes the 'running away' game.
    Two chicken wings does not seem like a big meal to me. Stay well you guys! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tank Family!!!

    Cyndee, Les's mom here. I am so excited for you I can hardly contain myself with joy!! Your journey is quite a testimony, one filled with ONLY the things that Father can do!! Malachi will be blessed to have you both as parents!!
    Cherish every moment.

    Hey, guess what the temerature is in Rocklin today?
    45 degress!! that's +45 degrees, I was freezing. After reading your blog today I won't think it's cold any more. LOL

    I bet you both are looking forward to a "normal" meal when you get home?!!!

    Sending love and blessings,
    Cyndee
    <><

    ReplyDelete